Ericsson and Altice Portugal have showcased a 5G augmented reality demo at the Web Summit in Lisbon. The demo consisted of the recording of participants in a secluded or backstage space and visitors were able to see them in real time and in 3D thanks to the use of hololens smart glasses. Viewers equipped with the smart glasses were able to walk around and watch the main stage together with the backstage from different angles. In addition, a static 2D live view was played-out on a tablet and in order to share the AR holoportation experience to a broader audience, a TV screen could be connected to the tablet.
Ericsson and Altice Showcase Augmented Reality 5G Demo
2018-11-09 14:02:10 | Source:Telecompaper
- Tiscali Confirms EUR 150 mln 5G Spectrum Deal with Fastweb to Close this Month
- Vodafone Italia Presents 12 New Projects at Milan 5G Showcase
- China Mobile 5G Innovation Center, Huawei Demo 8K VR Broadcast
- GSMA Outlines 5G Spectrum Requirements in New Policy Paper
- Ericsson, Telia Provide 5G Connectivity for Driverless Enride Trucks at DB Schenker in Sweden