1.Description of the product
• The FourGee-3800 is Altair’s third generation LTE SoC featuring a 3GPP LTE compliant baseband modem which supports LTE category 4 (CAT-4) throughputs (150Mbps/50Mbps DL/UL respectively) and LTE Release 10 features, alongside a high performance CPU subsystem.
2.Differentiation and advantage
• The FourGee-3800 incorporates state-of-the-art technologies such as interference cancellation (INCA™) and enhanced DL/UL link budget.
• The modem supports both LTE duplex modes – TDD and FDD on a single chip and single software with seamless interworking and handover between the two.
• The CPU subsystem features a high performance architecture with a variety of host interfaces including SDIO 3.0 slave/master, USB 2.0/OTG and RGMII.
• The chip supports a standard audio interface for supporting voice over LTE applications which require attachment of an analog phone.
• FourGee-3800 modular architecture and high performance modem and CPU subsystem make it suitable for integration in devices such as mobile handsets, portable WiFi/LTE routers, CPE routers, M2M, USB dongles and other embedded devices.
FourGee-3800B – 289 balls BGA Package, 10x10, 0.5mm pitch