Founded in 2011, GTI has been dedicated to constructing a robust ecosystem of TD-LTE, speeding up the commercialization of TD-LTE and promoting the convergence of LTE TDD and FDD. Today, GTI has become an influential cooperation platform with global presence with operators and key vendors, and has completed the GTI 1.0 mission by building an end-to-end TD-LTE ecosystem and achieving global commercialization of TD-LTE and converged LTE TDD/FDD.
In 2016, GTI 2.0 was officially launched during the GTI Summit 2016 held on Feb. 23rd at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, aiming to continue to promote the global development of TD-LTE, to encourage convergence with FDD and to foster a cross-industry innovative and a synergistic 5G ecosystem.
GTI Secretariat is a management body, the members of which are only from GTI initiators. Secretariat mainly has the following duties and powers:
- Implementing the decisions of GTI and Steering Committee;
- Coordinating and managing the GTI bilateral, multilateral, and common activities;
- Drafting Operations Procedure and submitting to Steering Committee for review and approval;
- Drafting and submitting proposals to Steering Committee for review and approval;
- Executing the overall work plan of GTI.
A series of activities will be organized under the management of Secretariat, e.g. Summits, Roadshows, Exhibitions and Workshops.
GTI will organize a series of activities to bring operators and vendors together for sharing development strategies and technology know-how, expediting the development of terminals and fostering of global roaming and low-cost terminals, etc.read more